NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwire – Aug 15, 2012) – YPolitic (www.ypolitic.com) today announced the official launch of its new online social network which enables users to share their political views and interact directly with their local and national politicians while providing them with the latest political news.
Through YPolitic, users are able to:
- Debate other users on hot political topics, including healthcare, immigration, and more
- Compare candidates’ views on the issues in any political race
- Track any local or national political races in real-time
- Track polling data and race results
- Follow your favorite politician and track their political activity
- Create and circulate online petitions about important issues of the day
- Send petitions directly to any targeted politician, even the President
- Participate in surveys
- Review the voting records of politicians
- Make online donations to support their favorite politician with just a few clicks
Most importantly, YPolitic serves as a one-stop-shop where users can let their voice be heard and truly become engaged in the political process on both the local and national stages.
“The political system truly belongs to the people and it is the people’s voice that should be heard throughout their cities, states, and in Washington, DC,” said YPolitic founder Preston Byrd. “With so many significant and historical elections only months away, there’s no better time to become engaged in the political discussion than now, and no easier way to do it than with YPolitic.”
YPolitic came about from the significant need for easier access to political information, involvement, and the elected officials who run our government. “We live in an age of 24-hour cable news cycles and a non-stop flow of online information,” continued Byrd. “It can be difficult to digest all this noise, so YPolitic has created a simple, one-stop outlet to follow, participate, and share the political news and events that matter most to you.”
The “Y” in YPolitic represents “Your Voice, Your Choice, Your Politics.” The website is a non-partisan platform with the ideology that a true democracy is one that welcomes every voice and every idea.
The “Y” in YPolitic represents “Your Voice, Your Choice, Your Politics.” Founded by Preston Byrd, YP is a non-partisan platform that believes a true democracy is one that welcomes every voice and every idea. The site is based on the belief that the political system truly belongs to the people and it is the people’s voice that should be heard throughout their cities, states and in Washington, DC. For more info about YPolitic, see here, and be sure to get involved and sign up here.